Sunday, September 30, 2007

Goodbye Soundpost

Tonight we went to the almost-empty Soundpost, where I bought some Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera paper dolls for my dad's birthday present. (Hope he's not reading this!) We will miss the Sunday night shows where people actually listened to the music. I think my favorites were last week's show with Matt Rock (this is my favorite picture that Jon has taken of a musician) with Ben Russell (from New York), and Dylan from Groupo Esperanza; Jack Ohly, Jacob Mitas and Joshua Marcus (from Philly?), and Micah Blue Smalldone and Christopher Teret. There has been so much good music there and we will miss it a great deal.

On another note, isn't it funny how we sometimes feel shy around people, and so we never talk to them, and then right before they move away, we realize that they are quite nice and friendly actually?

No comments: