Saturday, September 22, 2007

Fashion help wanted:

Jon and I are both in the market for a new pair of sneaks. I am needing some all-purpose sneakers, good for wearing to the gym, power walks, my ridiculous attempts at playing tennis, etc. The problem is, all I find are really dorky sneakers. The fashionable ones do not feel like they'd be very useful when I put them on. There is not much arch support, and I really would not want to bounce around a court on them.

These are nice:


or these, for that retro feel:


I have to say, I really can't get into that super-dorky early 80's thing too much, cause, well...I already lived through that.

Anyway, here is what I end up finding that is actually functional:


It seems that lately many things have bridged the gap between fashion and function, so I would assume that sneakers have, too, no? So, any suggestions?

1 comment:

ChiGirl said...

I have the same problem, so what I do is have a certain pair for the gym/running which are pumas, and then asics (more sneaker, less gym shoe) for just walking around. It's kind of hard to have one pair for everything, in my opinion. I like both top ones you picked out for walking around/weekends, and the bottom for real activity.