Saturday, September 22, 2007

Low-budget apartment decor

About a year ago, I decided that it was time to step up my apartment decor. Time to get a little hipper, and get rid of some of the old stuff still lingering from my hippie college days (not posting any of those pictures!) I looked for some nice decorative pillows and could not find anything I liked in my price range. Then I found these cloth napkins, bought some pillows at Pier One (it was summer, so they had these hideous Christmas pillows for $1 each), and with my meager sewing skills, created these:




I was pretty happy with them, and they ended up being about $8 each. I was quite happy when Jon and I happened to find this awesome couch (that matches the pillows!) in the "as is" room in Ikea for about $200 off because of a 2 inch tear in the back at the bottom.

1 comment:

ChiGirl said...

Hey these are great! I like the napkins you picked out too, and you look like a pretty good seamstress :)

Thanks for linking to me too. I've been super busy lately, but I've been meaning to update my links too. Have a great rest of the weekend.