Sunday, September 30, 2007

best party ever:

Last night, at our semi-new place. I think it was one of the best parties I've ever had, and definitely the best in our new place. Lots of great people, NO SPILLS!, great music, great munchies (thanks to Peter Smith for the apple galette), and dancing. Well, at least I was dancing. I think Maggie took some very Maggie-like pictures, so I'll see if I can post them here when she puts them on her flickr.

Observations:
1. At some age people start bringing their beer and immediately put it in the fridge (as opposed to keeping it near them in a bag or such). Our friends span an age of about 30 years, so this is very interesting to watch. I have not figured out the exact age yet, but I think it's around 26?
2. Apparently top-shelf liquor= no hangover, or so we hear-- we're not quite there yet! But our friend Alex brought over some Cold River Vodka, made here in Maine from Maine potatoes. I did not try it, as I had already mixed the grape and the grain, and did not want to throw root veggies in there as well! Alex had quite a bit of the potato, and was up kayaking this morning.
3. There are some people that you really want to like. And you do, so you invite them to a party. Then you meet them when they're drinking.
4. No one can really tell that you mopped your floor before they came over, and then, after the party, you have to mop it again.
5. If you are sick and trying to be a trooper and go out, people can still tell you're sick, and they will wonder why in the hell you are out.
6. Everybody likes The Cure
7. In a city like Portland, everyone really does know everyone else. (And you really have to watch what you say.) Everyone that showed up to the party seemed to know half the people there, and yet, I would say that I did not know half the people at the party. It's always interesting in a city this size to take note of how many women in your living room have dated the same men as you. Yikes! But I guess that's part of the charm of our lovely city.

1 comment:

maggie! said...

hello blogger! this is so nice.
a. no pictures. the night was a blur. (haha)

b. I agree about matt rock. so nice and so sad that they are leaving now.

c. more galette please.