Monday, October 29, 2007

Question of the week

This week I started my new job at the very charming, brand-spanking new Fat Baxter's on Munjoy Hill. The food is good, people are excited, and there are jars of penny candy behind the counter.

So, a group of little boys (my favorite of whom is Dominican and has the biggest smile ever) come in several times on opening day with their pockets full of change to buy penny candy. By the third time, only one has any money left. "How many Swedish Fish can I get with this much?" And he puts 17 cents on the counter. Nice work cleaning out the couch cushions.


The answer was 5.

I'm quite charmed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job at Fat Baxter's! Thank goodness I am a loyal reader of your blog or else I may not know what's going on in your life.