Friday, February 22, 2008

tropical passions!



I leave for St. John in 5 days! (Don't worry Jon, this isn't me, just another redhead. )

If I were that kind of girl, it would just make me the



I just came across the best website, www.bookscans.com. Some of you may know that I like to make artful collages and cards with old romance and sci-fi book covers. (see blog "Help Wanted" on Sept. 22 for pictures.) This website has a huge collection of scanned covers. If only I could search on things like "nurse" or "robot" it would be amazing. It's still pretty awesome, though. I particularly like the lesbian (gasp!) ones and the weird sci-fi romance ones. I wish I had scanned the ones I've cut up first. Here are some of my other favorites:

Three sexes!


I don't think this one is actually marketed to woman of any orientation...


This is cute and would be good for that dorky-cool boy in many of our lives.


And, lastly, the WHAT?!?!


Sometimes it's the illustrations (whether so sexist it's silly or so stylishly mod), sometimes, the titles, sometimes the text, but I can't get enough. This will save me some trips to the Salvation Army, though.

No comments: