Monday, February 4, 2008

little moments of love, part two

when the sky and the ocean are black and the ferry is all light up and I see it move steadily across the water, getting smaller and smaller the closer I get to home.

when I leave the house and Jon is still asleep. His world seems so still at that moment.

when the little kiddos in your life leave messages on your phone, like the following:
Mom: (to special kiddo) "Tell her you love her."
special kiddo: (to me into the phone) "I love her."
special kiddo: "I hope you have a sooper dooper burfday."

as much as I really dislike it when the alarm goes off at 6:30 on Saturday mornings, I do get to catch glimpses of the sunrise, and I know that few others are catching it. It kinda feels like my secret with the ocean.

the bus driver pointed out a rainbow to me. Rainbows have a way of making everyone stop and point them out. And making everyone smile.

jon saw a red-tailed hawk nab a pigeon at our neighbor's feeder the other day.

No comments: