Sunday, February 3, 2008

the Mall

Remember those 80s movies where an non-human object comes to life and walks around cities all fascinated and confused? Like Mannequin or Splash? That about describes me at the mall today. I went to Macy's to try to score some samples of Chanel Coco Mademoiselle to take to Daisy when i go see her in St. John. No dice. I am also on a search for tights. I actually went into Hot Topic--rad--and the girl working there was really nice and extremely helpful. They did not have the tights I was hoping to find despite their large selection of "novelty tights" which include black and purple striped, hot pink, fishnet, etc. The girl recommended I buy some kids' tights.

So I went to Claire's. It is a very bright store. It made my eyes hurt. There were a lot of people in the mall. There was a woman trying to entice me into buying a swimming pool. There is a store where little boys go in and their brains get sucked out while they stare blankly, mass-muderer-y, at a screen playing some game where they blow up things for fun.

I can't believe I actually hung around the mall on purpose as a pre-teen.

I did get the most beautiful dress ever. I can't figure out where I am going to wear it, as it is kinda fancy. But it was on sale for $17.80 and it is from Nine West and it made me very happy.

No comments: