Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008

I think New Year's Eve is my favorite holiday. Here's why:
1. A great excuse to dress up and wear sparkles.
2. A great excuse to kiss people.
3. A great excuse to drink champagne.
But what is silly, is that we shouldn't need an excuse to do any of those things. I discovered a great Prosecco last night, Sacchetto. It was $12.99 at Fat Baxter's, and is nice and sweet and very drinkable. Meaning I could very easily drink a lot of it. So, it went quickly.

Other reasons to love New Year's:
it's a great time to reflect on accomplishments (NOT failures!) and look forward to a fresh new start.

So, my New Year's Resolutions:
-give blood 3 times. I know it could be more, but that is a very accomplishable number. I always forget to donate blood and haven't done it in ages, and my blood type is the one that is universal.
-visit people far away more often.
-draw something once a week. I used to be very into art and when you get out of practice, i becomes very daunting. I am also very hard on myself if things are not perfect and it becomes crippling. So, I would like to become more fluid and use drawing as a way of recording.
-play music with Jon more instead of watching dumb movies. We sound so good together! It just takes a little more work.

What are your resolutions?

No comments: