Monday, November 12, 2007

crepes

I feel a bit bad, today i was kind of mean to the ladies at LeRoux kitchen. I brought two crepe pans to the counter and asked if they knew anything about them. They then proceeded to tell me that one was non-stick and one was steel, which was clearly stated on the packaging. Then they told me that they sold a lot of a particular one. I worked at LeRoux one Christmas, and I can say that we sold a lot of stuff, and that did not necessarily reflect quality as much as consumerism.

Regardless, I am embarking on a journey to learn the art of crepe making (and maybe you might find some breakfast crepes at a certain hill-top market soon if all goes well). I tried this morning for the first time ever, using my iron skillet and the Joy of Cooking. They turned out pretty good for the first time, but the recipe could use some help, I think. And, with a lighter pan, I could get the motion better. I was pretty good at the flipping! Anyway, I served them with cinnamon cream cheese and some blueberry sauce that Daisy's mom or dad made. Yum.

Next I will try checking out Martha Stewart, and Etienne is going to come give me a tutorial. Oh, the dreary, hard work ahead!

1 comment:

amanda jennifer said...

there is a serious lack of crepes in my life!!