Monday, November 26, 2007

crepes, part deux

This morning's crepes were quite a success! I bought a steel crepe pan at LeRoux Kitchen last week (thankfully, there was a very knowledgeable dude there this time). I have been itching to try it. I googled Martha Stewart crepe recipes, reluctantly admitting that she has really good baking recipes. That crazy bitch made me strain the batter! Oh, but they were so good. The filling was made with whipped cream cheese and Jon's sister Jenni's homemade cranberry sauce leftover from Thanksgiving. I am going to see what happens if I don't strain the batter next time, as that was a bit of a pain. But, holy cow, yum. Watch out Frenchies!

By the way, the crepe pan was awesome. I can flip the crepes without burning my fingers now.

Some other fillings I want to try:
carmelized apples
something pecan-y
something lemon-y
pesto and goat cheese
something butternut squash-y

Any ideas?

No comments: