Wednesday, March 26, 2008

cupcakes, sewing, and non-normal moms

On Cupcakes
1. Cupcakes, when dropped, always land frosted-side down. I suppose it's because that size weighs more, so it falls faster. Or because of some karmic retribution for not sharing our cupcakes when we were kids.
2. Cupcakes are not usually my favorite thing. Cakes need to be so very moist to interest me at all. Cupcakes usually aren't. (Too much edge.) However, while it feels really strange to make a cake for no reason at all, cupcakes for no reason seem acceptable. Even though the recipe was the same.
3. Mocha chocolate vanilla marble with chocolate coconut frosting is not at all too many flavors.

On sewing:
I tried to get some friends to help me make a custom dressmakers' dummy (in exchange for some cupcakes?) and then help each other sew dresses. I was told that's what mothers are for. Sigh.

Some moms live far away. Sigh.

And also, there are those moms who don't make things, and yet are awesome in other ways. So, my mom never taught me how to make a dress. Did YOUR mom ride her bike in the Senior Olympics where she pantsed an 86 year old? I doubt it.

I did just finish taking in a skirt. Wanting to avoid the zipper issue, I only took in one side seam. I sorta forgot the butt seam. So now the butt seam is a little to the right. Or a lot. Well, it works OK.

No comments: